- Kohlrabi – 2, diced along with the greens
- Onion – 1 medium, diced
- Garlic – 1 clove, minced
- Tomatoes – 2 medium, chopped
- Green chilies – 2, chopped
- Tamarind paste – 1 tbsp
- Jaggery – 1 tsp (or to taste)
- Red Chili powder – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Microwave chopped kohlrabi for 5 minutes or until tender. (Pressure cooking works fine too)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the seeds and after they pop, sauté onions till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies; cover and cook till tender.
- Add boiled kohlrabi along with the greens, red chili powder, tamarind paste, jaggery, salt and ½ cup of water. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till the gravy thickens.