Butter Fried Parsnips
- 6parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthwise
- ¼ cupall-purpose flour for coating
- ½ teaspoonseasoning salt
- ½ cupbutter, melted
- In a large saucepan cover parsnips with water, cover and boil over medium-high heat until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain.
- In a plastic bag combine flour and seasoning salt. Dip parsnips in butter and place them in the bag. Shake bag to coat parsnips with the seasoned flour.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the butter starts to sizzle, add parsnips. Cook, turning occasionally, until all sides are golden brown.