- 1 Large fennel bulbs
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- ½ Lemon
- Using a very sharp knife, cut the top and bottom from the fennel bulbs and then remove tough or bruised outer layers. You will end up with a bulb about the size of your fist.
- Slice the bulbs in half and then remove the cores from the fennel. Then cut the fennel lengthwise into ⅛ inch slices (it is ok if a little thicker).
- Heat a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. When hot, add the olive oil and then the fennel slices. Spread the fennel out in the pan to encourage browning.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping the fennel slices every few minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the fennel from the pan and drain off any excess oil. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice, to taste. Serve.