Greek-Style Cucumber and Yogurt Dip with Dill
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, grated
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 pita breads, cut horizontally in half, then cut into wedges
- Olive oil
- Line sieve with cheesecloth and place over medium bowl. Place yogurt in sieve. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to drain in refrigerator overnight.
- Mix cucumber and 1 tablespoon salt in small bowl; cover and chill 3 hours.
- Transfer drained yogurt to another bowl. Mix in sour cream, lemon juice, dill and garlic. Squeeze out as much excess liquid as possible from cucumber. Stir cucumber into yogurt. Season with pepper. Cover; chill at least 2 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Place pita wedges on baking sheets. Brush with olive oil. Bake until crisp, about 10 minutes. Cool. Serve cucumber dip with baked pita wedges