Grilled Potato Squash with Marjoram
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons chopped fresh marjoram
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon peel
- ¼ cup plus 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ pound small fingerling potatoes (such as Russian Banana), unpeeled, halved lengthwise
- 1 pound assorted summer squash (such as zucchini and yellow crookneck), cut on diagonal into ⅓-inch-thick slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- Whisk lemon juice, shallot, 1 tablespoon marjoram, and lemon peel in small bowl. Gradually whisk in ¼ cup oil. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Place potatoes in large saucepan; add enough cold salted water to cover. Boil just until almost tender, about 4 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to medium bowl. Add 1 teaspoon marjoram and 1½ tablespoons oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Combine squash and bell pepper in large bowl; add remaining 1 teaspoon marjoram and 1½ tablespoons oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer in grill basket. Grill until tender, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to large bowl. Grill squash and bell pepper until tender, turning occasionally, 10 minutes. Transfer squash to bowl with potatoes. Cut bell pepper into 1-inch pieces; add to vegetables. Add vinaigrette; toss. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.