The newsletters will be posted the morning of the delivery. Along with posting the newsletters, we will send out a member email with a link to the newsletter so you should see a weekly message from Earth Dance Farm. If you aren’t getting the email, let us know and we will add you to the email list. WELCOME to our 2018 season!
Fall-Week 3 (November 21, 2017)
“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
Fall Share box 3 crop list
- Squash (4 kinds)
- Brussel sprouts
- Sage (drying bunch)
- Napa cabbage
- Thank you for participating in our Fall produce share 2017
- We will offer a bushel box in 2 weeks, Dec. 5th, for $45 – 12-15 different crops. Please let us know at email@example.com if you want one of these!
- Earth Dance Farm offers a HOLIDAY GIFT BOX (see pic above). Delivery is on Tuesday Dec. 19th – please contact us if you are interested or have more questions!
- The freeze-thaw cycle has effected the aesthetics of some of the crops, namely, napa, scallions, leeks and kale
- Popcorn has been in front of our wood stove with a fan for 3 weeks, but is still too wet to pop. Please allow it to dry for another few weeks in a dry environment. Popping video is on our Face book
- Our fall interns, McKenna and Alex, went back to their homes last Wednesday. It is now just Farmer Norm and Samson left to finish the harvest and the field cleanup
- If you are not a year-round member of Earth Dance Farm, please consider joining us for our Spring or Summer produce in 2018 – we would love to have you
- Have a wonderful, warm and safe holiday season!!!
Four Simple Turnip Recipes from Realsimple.com
Cook peeled and cut-up turnips and sliced garlic in olive oil in a large skillet until tender. Add the kale and cook until just wilted. Season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Peel and cut turnips into wedges. Toss with sliced fresh ginger, canola oil, salt, and pepper on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with honey and roast at 400° F until tender.
Simmer peeled and cut-up turnips in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and mash with butter, salt, and pepper. Fold in crumbled cooked bacon and chopped chives; top with shaved Parmesan.
Cook thinly sliced leeks in butter in a large saucepan until soft. Add peeled and cut-up turnips and enough chicken broth to cover. Simmer until very tender. Puree until smooth, adding water or broth as necessary to adjust the consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Diane and Jo have been sharing amazing pictures of the crew, the produce and the nature we work around on Instagram (@earthdancefarm). Check out the most recent highlights below and follow us for more farm moments.
- Week 1 (June 22, 2017)
- Week 2 (June 29, 2017)
- Week 3 (July 6, 2017)
- Week 4 (July 13, 2017)
- Week 5 (July 20, 2017)
- Week 6 (July 27, 2017)
- Week 7 (August 3, 2017)
- Week 8 (August 10, 2017)
- Week 9 (August 17, 2017)
- Week 10 (August 24, 2017)
- Week 11 (August 31, 2017)
- Week 12 (September 7, 2017)
- Week 13 (September 14, 2017)
- Week 14 (September 21,2017)
- Week 15 (September 28,2017)
- Week 16 (October 5,2017)
- Week 17 (October 12, 2017)
- Week 18 (October 19, 2017)
- Fall-Week 1 (October 26, 2017)
- Fall-Week 2 (November 9, 2017)