Roasted Fennel with Thyme
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed and stems discarded, plus 3 whole sprigs
- Coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Toss together fennel, oil, thyme leaves and sprigs, ½ teaspoon salt, and the pepper in a large bowl. Spread fennel mixture into a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast fennel, turning occasionally, until browned, 50 to 60 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice; season with salt.