Sauteed Braising Mix
Simple way to eat delicious autumn greens. Add chard or more kale if you'd like!
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (peanut, coconut, or olive preferably)
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- ½ pound Braising mix (add whatever green you'd like)
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (can also use cumin, paprika, or a spice of your choice)
- ¼ cup stock or water
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large, high sided pan, heat oil over medium high heat
- Add onions and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic and sautee briefly, stirring quickly to avoid browning, about 30 seconds
- Add braising mix, tossing to mix
- Sprinkle with paprika or other spice and add stock, covering and reducing heat to low. Cook until lightly wilted, about another 3-4 minutes
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper to taste.