Sauteed green beans with garlic and tomato
A quick, tasty way to use your beans!
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 plum or 1 slicing tomato, dived
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil. Add the beans and blanch until just barely tender, about 3 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the beans, oregano, and tomatoes. Cook until the beans are heated through, about 3 minutes longer.
- Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve hot!