Tangy Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 3 cucumbers (about 1½ pounds)
- Kosher salt
- 2 to 3 teaspoons granulated sugar, depending on how sweet you like the salad
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cider vinegar, or distilled white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (optional)
- Slice the cucumber into ⅛ inch slices
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 teaspoons of sugar, vinegar and mustard. Taste then add the additional teaspoon of sugar if needed. Add cucumbers and red onion then toss.
- Refrigerate salad at least 1 hour and up to a day before serving.