- 1 quart water
- 2 pounds small red skin potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon, extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons, 5 or 6 sprigs, fresh thyme, leaves stripped and chopped
- In a deep, medium skillet, bring water to a boil. Add quartered potatoes and simmer 12 minutes, until fork tender. Begin other recipes in your menu.
- Drain potatoes in a colander set over a pot. Allow the stock to cool and refrigerate for another use. Return the pan you cooked the potatoes in to heat over medium high. Add extra-virgin olive oil and butter, then, when butter melts add potatoes. Season potatoes with salt, pepper and chopped thyme. Coat and brown the potatoes, turning only occasionally, 7 or 8 minutes.