Zucchini Fettuccine with Kale
Healthy pasta? It's true, and delicious!
- 4 medium zucchini, washed and peeled like fettuccini noodles (using a vegetable peeler, they should look like ribbons of zucchini)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch (4-5 leaves) kale, washed
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 scallions, chopped
- handful of walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. mayo
- 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- Black pepper
- Place zucchini ribbons into a colander, add salt and let it drain for 15 minutes
- Rip the kale into small pieces and steam it in some water for 5 minutes. Remove from heat to cool.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onions and cook until they are fragrant, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the yellow pepper and garlic and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the zucchinis, mix and cook for 6-7 minutes. As they cook , they will soften and start looking like noodles.
- Add the zucchini mixture, kale and scallions in a mixing bowl.
- For the dressing: mix mayo and vinegar and season with pepper. Drizzle over zucchini and throw walnuts in on top.