Corn, Cucumber and Cantaloupe Salsa
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1 cup diced cantaloupe
- ½ cup chopped tomato
- ¼ cup minced parsley or cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- •Fill a small pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add the corn (either fresh or frozen), simmer for 2 minutes, then drain in a colander and rinse well with cold water to stop the cooking. Pat the corn dry with a dishtowel.
- •In a medium bowl, add the corn, cucumber, cantaloupe, tomato, parsley or cilantro, olive oil, cumin, and salt and pepper, and stir to combine well.