Curried Carrot, Sweet Potato, and Ginger Soup
- 2 teaspoonscanola oil
- ½ cupchopped leeks
- 3 cups(1/2-inch) cubed peeled sweet potato
- 1½ cups(1/4-inch) sliced peeled carrots
- 1 tablespoongrated ginger
- 2 teaspoonscurry powder
- 3 cupsfat-free, less-sodium chicken/vegitable broth
- ½ teaspoonsalt
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add leeks; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add potato, carrots, ginger, and curry; cook 2 minutes. Add broth; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stir in salt.
- Pour half of soup in a food processor; pulse until smooth. Repeat procedure with remaining soup.