Garden Chicken Soup
You don't need to use all of these ingredients, and you can add ingredients that aren't listed! It's a soup, so throw in whatever sounds good to you!
- 1 whole chicken quartered
- water, to cover
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cubes chicken bouillon
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- pinch salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 2 kohlrabi bulbs, peeled and diced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 ears sweet corn, cut from cob
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tomato, chopped
- Put chicken pieces in large stockpot, and pour enough water over it to cover completely.
- Add onion, celery, bouillon cubes, basil, parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Cook at simmer until chicken is cooked through and tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board to cool; cut as much meat as possible form the bones and chop roughly.
- Return chicken to stock.
- Stir potatoes, kohlrabi, carrots, into the soup, and cook until the veggies are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add corn, green beans, and tomato, and cook until the green beans are tender, another 7 to 10 minutes.