Maple Sweet Dumpling Squash
- 1 sweet dumpling squash
- ½ cup maple syrup (pure)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsps salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the squash in half and remove seeds with a spoon.
- Use a fork to poke several holes in the outside skin of each half of the squash. Place squash in baking pan with hollow side up. Add 1" of water to bottom of pan.
- Place 1 tablespoon of butter, ⅛ teaspoon of nutmeg and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in the hollow of each squash half. Pour ¼ cup of maple syrup on each.
- Bake uncovered on middle rack for 30-45 minutes or until the flesh is soft.
- Serve hot. If using sweet dumpling squash, each half will serve one person and can be served with dinner "as is." Alternately, you may allow the squash halves to cool partially, remove the skins, and mash or puree the squash.