Fresh dill is important, but other spices can be substituted with whatever you'd like, try turmeric or ginger! You can also use a pound of radishes and a pound of sliced carrots for variety and color!
- 2 pounds radishes, greens removed
- 1¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup wine or cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- wash radishes, slice of ends and tips, cut in half
- divide dill, garlic, bay leaves, mustard seeds, cumin and pepper flakes between 2 glass pint jars, very clean.
- pack radishes in with spices
- bring water, vinegar, honey and salt to boil in small pot. skim off foam and discard. pour the hot brine over radishes and seasonings. make sure the radishes are totally immersed in the brine
- tightly cover and store in refrigerator. pickled radishes are ready in 24 hours, but can be stored up to 3 months, best a week after.