Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash
- cooking spray
- 1 acorn squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- Heat the oven (with oven rack in the middle) to 425°F. Spray a rimmed sheet pan with cooking spray. Using your chef’s knife, shave a thin piece from the side of the squash to prevent the squash from rolling when you halve it.
- Trim the ends of the squash and cut it in half (lengthwise) from stem to opposite end. Scoop out the seeds and pulp. Slice into ¾-inch thick half moons.
- On the pan, drizzle the squash with the oil and rub to coat evenly. Season with ¼ teaspoon of the salt, ⅛ teaspoon of the pepper (6 turns on pepper mill) and sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan. Turn the squash over and repeat with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, 1/10 teaspoon pepper and 2 tablespoons Parmesan.
- Roast, without turning, until the squash are golden brown and tender, 35 to 40 minutes