Smoked Braised Greens
- 4 strips of bacon, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- about 3 bunches worth of assorted dark leafy greens (ie: braising mix, kale, swiss chard, collard greens)
- ½ c. chicken stock
- Heat the bacon over medium-high heat until you have enough fat to saute the garlic and onions.
- Add garlic and onions until soft (5 min.)
- Add red pepper flakes and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the greens in handfuls, adding more as they start to wilt in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and cover
- Cook until tender (10 min.)