“In Winter, you feel the bone structure of the landscape.” -Andrew Wyeth
Winter Share Box 1 Crop List
- Winter Squash
- Napa and/or Green Cabbage
- Salad Greens Mix (Spinach, Red Kale, Braising Mix)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Thanks for joining us for Winter box 1!
- The cold weather continues- some crops were harvested while frozen(Cabbage, Brussels, and Kale) and slowly thawed out in the cooler.
- When crops are affected by the cold, they tend to develop a brownish color and can sometimes become a little limp and/or spongy. Soaking in ice water for about 5 minutes can help to rehydrate and regain some firmness.
- Some of the Winter squashes may have a blemish or two on them- cut that part off and the rest is good to go!
- Incase you didn’t see the popcorn video last time, here is a video of Norm demonstrating how to shell popcorn.
- We spent a couple days this week spinning the honey from this year, we hope you enjoy it!
- Stay warm out there!