“All truth makes sense once it is discovered, the point is to discover it.”
A reason to celebrate
A month from now is our annual harvest celebration here on the farm, Sat. October 5th. It runs from 2:00 in the afternoon until 8 or so in the evening. The agenda is as follows:
- Farm/field tours led by the interns 3- 5 on the hour
- Food served from 4-7 (We will provide vegetarian chili, apples, cornbread and chips – water, hot cider/chocolate and coffee. We ask you to bring a dessert or a snack to share and your beverage of choice.
- Bonfire/smores from 6 until 8
- Hayrides and pumpkin picking 5-7
- Lawn games, pony grooming, walks through the woods, etc. as desired
You can arrive and depart as it fits your schedule. Anyone is welcome to pitch a tent and stay for the night if you want. Please follow directions to the farm on our website: www.earthdancefarm.net . Please rsvp if you can to firstname.lastname@example.org so we know how many to plan for, but do not hesitate to come at the last minute if that is how your weekend develops.
The fall harvest party is pretty much a standard within the CSA model. Since the csa idea is to ‘put a face on the farmer’, it makes sense to know the people and the land from whence your summer produce cometh. It is also a great experience for your family to travel and learn together. We love to meet and visit with our members and to show our appreciation for your partnership and support throughout the season. It is our hope that many of you can join us, regardless of the weather, to have some fun on the farm. Let me know if you have any questions, or to rsvp.
- Last of the sweet corn – the tips may be nasty with wormies
- Dry basil and dill by hanging it up in a well ventilated room, then crush it into a baggie or a small mason jar for winter use
- Sign up for the Fall Produce Share!!!!
- We are sooo dry down here – one inch cracks are starting to appear
- Hot peppers are chili and banana
- Finally some cucumbers – the first crop failed and then we replanted. They are awfully good when paired with dill
- Summer squash is running out of steam, winter squash is right on its heels
- Sungolds are delicious on the grill
- Wash all of your crops before using them
Link to: Produce list-notes-recipes