June 28, 2012
Quote of the Week:
“The best portion of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.”
Weekly Reflection from Norm
TEAM EARTH DANCE
I would like to introduce you to the wonderful group of young people that we have the privilege of working with here at the farm this season.
- Steffi began back in mid March and will be here for the long haul through mid November. She is the leader in the field and I rely heavily on her efficiency.
- Alanna came in mid April and will work until the end of the summer csa season. She is in charge of monitoring pests and diseases in the gardens.
- Katie arrived in mid May after graduating from the U. of Ia. She heads up the packing shed on Wed. to make sure everyone receives a beautiful box of produce. She will be with us through the fall.
You will hear more from Steffi, Alanna and Katie as they write individually in our forthcoming newsletters.
- Noah is our 20 yr. old son who assists with the newsletter and facebook. He is also responsible for uploading current photos. He helps with the harvest on Tues., and Wed.
- Adriana is our 16 yr. old daughter who is head of the washing station on Tues. and Wed. when we harvest and pack.
- Holly and Mickayla are Adriana’s friends who work on harvest days.
- Clay is our teenage neighbor who works Monday through Wed.
- Armelle is from France who is with us for the next six weeks. She is working on the farm, improving her English and experiencing new things.
- Laurie is instrumental with her ideas and tech expertise.
You would not receive your produce without this hardworking, fun loving group.
Since most of our work requires individual human hands, it is critical to have enough good help. Since most of our work is long and physically exhausting, it is critical to have workers who love to sweat, laugh and celebrate the simple life.
I feel extremely confident and grateful to have this crew by my side.
Farmer Notes on this week’s delivery:
- This is the last of the chives, scapes and turnips for 2012
- Everyone receives raspberries this week
- Featured herb of the week is marjoram
- Kale/Broccoli raab is a farmer’s choice. This means that some of you will receive one while others will get the other
- Last Wed. we were blessed with 2.5 inches of rain
- This Friday is our first member workday opportunity
- Make sure that you wash all of your vegetables