“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there.” -Rumi
Winter Share Box 2 Crop List
*Thank you for joining us for this winter box
*Dry beans are Northern and/or Kidney
*Leeks are great with eggs or in a potato-leek soup
*Popcorn is dry and ready to pop
*Rosemary or thyme can be crushed and used for the holidays or set aside to dry for later use – better to crush right before use
*Make some bean soup in your crock-pot with s+p, bouillon, rosemary, onions/leeks and carrots
*Rutabaga, brassica and kale could benefit from an ice bath
*Sweet potatoes are gnarly but well cured and should be good for one meal
*Wash all of your produce, and return our reusable boxes
*Have a relaxing and peace-filled winter season!
*We would love to see you in 2019!!
*Down below are a couple recipes you might try!
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour 15 minutes|
- 2 pounds Leeks
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 4 Sprigs thyme You can add any mix of herbs you like or prefer. I used thyme, sage, and rosemary.
- 4 Sprigs Sage
- 4 Sprigs parsley And chopped leaves for garnish.
- 1 Large handful Celery Leaves (Optional)
- 4 TBSP Unsalted butter or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic
- 8 Cups Vegetable stock or water
- 1 TBSP kosher salt More to taste.
- 1 TSP black pepper More to taste.
- 1 3/4 Pounds Russet potatoes Halved and thinly sliced.
- Step 1: Halve the leeks lengthwise and rinse away any grit. Thinly slice the leeks crosswise. In a small square of cheesecloth or hot tea sachet, tie together bay leaves, thyme, sage, parsley, and celery leaves if using.
- Step 2: Melt the butter or heat the oil in the bottom of a large pot over medium-high heat. Stir in the leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until leeks are soft and dark golden brown, 10-15 minutes. Stir in the garlic for the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Step 3: Stir in stock or water, the sachet of herbs, the salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce down to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Add the potatoes and simmer soup until potatoes are very tender and falling apart, about 45 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning. If desired, drizzle small amount of cream into each bowl when serving, and top with parsley for garnish.