|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||10 minutes|
- 3 medium eggplants sliced about 1/2 inch thick
- 4-6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- 3 tbsp herb(s) of choice (oregano, thyme, savory, etc.) finely chopped
- 1 pinch both salt and pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Mix olive oil, cloves of minced garlic, chopped herb(s), chili flakes, salt and pepper, and lemon zest together in a small bowl and set aside to infuse a little bit while you work on cutting up eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices in direction of your choice (either lengthwise or across).
- Heat a medium to large non-stick skillet to medium/high heat. Meanwhile, brush slices of eggplant with the olive oil mixture. Once the pan has heated, put one layer of eggplant on the pan to ensure even cooking. Cook for about 2-3 minutes or until there is a slight golden-brown color, and then flip them over and do the same.
- If you do not have a brush for the olive oil mixture, you could just drizzle some into the hot pan and cook the eggplant in it.
- Serve as a side dish or over quinoa or rice.