|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||15 minutes|
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves sliced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch collard greens stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup pine nutes toasted
- grated zest of 1 lemon plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- coars salt
- 12 oz whole grain spaghetti
- 1/4 cup pecorino Romano for serving
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes; cook until tender, about 1 minute. Add collard greens and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in pine nuts and lemon zest and juice. Season with salt.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente, according to package instructions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water; drain pasta.
- Add pasta and reserved water to skillet, tossing to coat. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon zest and sprinkled with cheese.