1. Peel the radish and then slice it thinly as desired.
2. Sprinkle with salt and leave for 2 hours in order to draw out moisture.
3. Place the salt, sugar, vinegar, water and chillies in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
4. Continue stirring the pickling mixture until all the salt and sugar have dissolved. Set aside to cool down.
5. Squeeze the excess moisture out of the radish.
6. Layer the vegetable along with sprinklings of dill in a sterilized, airtight storage container.
7. Pour in the pickling liquid, ensuring all surfaces of the radish are covered.
8. Wait for at least 2 days, but preferably 1 month, for the flavors to develop.
Serve with a bowl of rice, miso soup, stir fry, or any kind of pad thai/peanut noodle dish.