|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper quartered and sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 red chile thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice or other medium grain rice
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz green beans trimmed
- cilantro (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large skillet (cast-iron ideal) on medium. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper and red chile and cook, sotirring occasionally, for 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional minute. Add in tomato.
- stir in rice and then push rice mixture towards the edges of the of the pan to create a small opening in the center. in this opening add tomato paste, paprika and cook undisturbed 1 minute.
- Stir in white wine, incorporating everything together, and cook while continuing to stir until all the wine is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
- Add 3 cups water, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer covered for 11 minutes.
- Add green beans and cook, covered until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 4 more minutes. Optionally top with cilantro and serve with lemon wedges.