|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||30 minutes|
cups (4 - 1.5 cup servings
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 small, or 1 large fennel bulb trimmed (outer layers removed) and thinly sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes diced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can cannellini beans
- 5 oz fresh baby spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium, heavy bottom pot. Once the oil is hot, add onion, garlic and fennel along with a pinch of salt. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until the onion and fennel is beginning to look translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broth, beans and season with salt and pepper, then bring to a boil. Once you've got your boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes. This will allow the soup to thicken and become nice and hearty.
- Once your soup has reached the desired consistency, stir in spinach. The spinach will wilt down in a matter of minutes and your soup will de done. Enjoy!