- 1 lbs sugar snap peas
- 1-3 cucumbers halved lengthwise, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp walnut oil or peanut oil
- 2 tbsp walnuts chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice freshly squeezed; about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp fresh dill or 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: remove the strings from both edges of the pea pods by gently pulling them starting at the stem.
- place the peas in a steamer basket set over 1 1/2 inches of boiling water, cover, and steam until they are just crisp-tender, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain the pease in the sink and immediately run cold water over them. Transfer the peas to a clean, dry, dish towel and pat them dry. Place in a large bowl and add the cucumber.
- Put the oil, walnuts, lemon juice, water, dill and cayenne pepper into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the walnut-dill dressing over the cucumbers and peas and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper and serve.