|Prep Time||15 minutes|
|Cook Time||45 minutes|
- 1 medium or 2 small eggplant peeled
- 2 bell peppers seeded
- 1 onion peeled
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into 1-inch cubes. Toss them in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Cool slightly.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add the tomato paste, and pulse 3 or 4 times to blend. Taste for salt and pepper.
- Use as a spread for crackers, bread, or in a veggie wrap!